17 juin 2010

Fertility Yoga


Yesterday was the last of a five-class yoga series I attended. I'm going to miss it. Luckily, I have several tools and can use anytime, for the rest of my life.

Originally, I decided to take the class out of curiosity, to gain knowledge of what's available for people who have difficulty conceiving. Then I thought that it could only benefit me in my personal process. Little did I know that it would have such a profound effect on me. During the classes, I felt subtle transformation of my state of being. Each activity we were presented was enjoyable and instantaneously beneficial. After every class, I felt like my battery was re-charged. I was more focussed and very very calm. Then, we had the chance to stay and chat with the teacher and the other students over a delicious vegan meal. Walking home from my first class, it felt like every thing was in slow motion around me and inside me. My mind was free. It was liberating and thrilling. Through the classes, I slowly starting incorporating different concepts into my daily life, because they made me feel good. I actually started practicing a few postures, meditation and breathing exercises on a regular basis. And, I finally took the leap to receiving a weekly organic fruit and vegetable basket from "Le Jardin des Anges". These are such simple yet important gestures to prioritize myself, that are actually fun and make me want to continue!

Our teacher, Tasha Lackman is truly an inspiration. Humble yet strong through her practice, having faced her own significant challenges around fertility, she has a lot of wisdom to share. She gives her own testimony as to how yoga helped her conceive and birth a beautiful healthy baby, where IVF treatments failed. I can understand how specific yoga postures and breath help the body better receive a child, but as the womb is the center of creativity, this practice can open potential for positive experiences in so many different spheres of our lives. I am honored to have been introduced to this powerful practice which I now feel is a part of me.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire